VONR Web Servant
Instructions for accessing email account
Other responsibilities – Web Administration, Google Analytics, and Google Apps & Email
Description: _2_ year term
Responsible to add or subtract content for the web page and update group interface as requested.
To respond to email@example.com email:
- Login to https://www.google.com/a/voicesofnicotinerecovery.com/
- Username: web servant
- Password: provided in email to you by the previous Web Servant
- In top navigation bar, click on Mail
- Mail opens
- Note that unread mail is white, read mail is gray
- Sign out: Click the email address top right, drop down menu opens
- Select “Sign out” button in the drop down menu
WordPress Website Administrator
Web Admin skills needed:
- Understanding of HTML, tables, image compression.
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS, updating plugins and content.
- Ability to log into web host control panel and navigate to various parts of the interface to make admin or payment changes as needed.
- Expertise to troubleshoot issues, such as version upgrade issues, and communicate with host tech support.
- Willingness to be on call for requests from “contact” page for information about VONR, Paltalk, Yahoo and Nicotine Anonymous.
- Skill with Google Analytics, logging in, producing reports from Google Analytics data.
- Compile Web Report for monthly GC, and include “Location” map and summary of data on “Web Statistics” page.
Data from Google Analytics is included in VONR’s Web Reports for the monthly GC meetings.
- Decipher and analyze Google Analytics data.
- Write out report and present analysis in a way non-techie people can understand.
- Upload data and “Location” image of monthly Google Analytics on “Web Statistics” page on VONR website.
Google Apps Administrator
Google Apps & Email
All VONR service positions’ email accounts are hosted through Google Mail, using the @voicesofnictotinerecovery.com email.
- Ability to administer Google Calendar
- Train the Calendar Person for the Google Calendar account
- Ability to troubleshoot Google Calendar App and code for embedding in WordPress Calendar webpage.
- Reset passwords and train VONR servants how to access and use their Google @voicesofnicotinerecovery.com email accounts
- Keep and update email access and position description documents for each position
Web Servant Email
This account is used as the main web servant email account for VONR website hosting account and for responding to requests from the VONR “Contact” page. People from VONR can also contact the Web Servant through this email account.
- Familiarity with Google mail, VONR’s technologies and how to help VONR members access meetings, deal with Paltalk, and other issues with technology.
- Willingness to be available via email, text message, phone, or VONR meetings to help with various aspects of VONR technologies.
updated January 2017