Chairperson = Meeting Admin in Paltalk
To get an “Admin hat” and be able to chair meetings:
- Be nicotine-free for 30 days
- Find another meeting chairperson to co-chair with once you are nicotine-free 30 days.
It’s advisable to co-chair with more than one chair person so that you can experience different ways of chairing meetings.
- Co-chair with another meeting admin/chairperson for 30 days — minimum of 4 meetings over 30 days time.
- Review “VONR Meeting Admin Notes” document (below) to understand about Group Conscience motions affecting meeting admins.
- To become an admin you must go to https://www.paltalk.com/g2/
paltalk/988820702 (copy URL to clipboard’ on the Paltalk meeting room upper left under Owner Johnjdmc) and click ‘FOLLOW’ in order to be added as an admin.
- Send an email to superadmin (at) voicesofnicotinerecovery.com
[replace the “(at)” with the @ sign in your email] with:
–Your exact Paltalk username (exact is needed so superadmin can find your name in Paltalk & give you access)
–Dates of when you co-chaired & with whom
It is NOT required that a chairperson have a regularly scheduled meeting on the calendar. A chair person may open the meeting room at any time for a meeting (not just chat), by posting a notice on our message board (VONR Forum) that the meeting room is open. An admin may also substitute chair for other admins.
NOTE: If a chairperson begins using nicotine again, he or she must wait 30 days after becoming nicotine-free to begin chairing again.
Suggested Meeting Format
VONR Meeting Format rev. January, 2019
Go to Find > Download, and choose the file type you would like.
Admin Meeting Notes
Learn more about chairing from notes compiled from GC motions. This revised version is still pending GC approval:
Meeting Admin Notes Revisions- Working Document