Chairperson = Meeting Admin in Paltalk
To get an “Admin hat” and be able to chair meetings:
- Be nicotine-free for 30 days
- Find another meeting chairperson to co-chair with once you are nicotine-free 30 days.
It’s advisable to co-chair with more than one chair person so that you can experience
different ways of chairing meetings.
- Co-chair with another meeting chairperson for 30 days — minimum of 4 meetings over 30 days time.
- Review “VONR Meeting Admin Notes” document to understand about Group Conscience motions affecting meeting admins.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
-Your exact paltalk username (exact is needed so superadmin can find your name in paltalk & give you access)
-Dates of when you co-chaired & who with
It is NOT required that a chairperson have a regularly scheduled meeting on the calendar.
A chair person may open the meeting room at any time for a meeting (not just chat), by posting a notice on the message board (forum) that the meeting room is open. An admin may also
substitute chair for other admins.
NOTE: If a chairperson begins using nicotine again, he or she must wait 30 days after becoming nicotine-free to begin chairing again.
Suggested meeting format: VONR Meeting Format March 2017
Notes compiled from GC Motions about chairing meetings: VONR Meeting Admin Notes-2017